Insurance for ATV’s/ All Terrain Vehicles – Request a Free Quote
The question about whether or not an ATV owner is required to buy Liability for their ATV can be answered quite simply: Yes, if you operate your ATV on a back country road in BC it is highly likely that you will be traveling on a Forestry Road. Ministry of Forests and Range regulations require you to carry proof of liability insurance and registration for your ATV. You will be asked to produce proof insurance by a Conservation officer, Forestry Enforcement officer or the RCMP. The fine can be well over $200.00 for failure to do so.
Q. What is third party liability insurance?
Q. What is physical damage insurance?
Q. Is aftermarket equipment covered?
Off Road Liability insurance provides coverage for you if you injure someone else or cause damage to someone else’s property.
Get Your Insurance Online Now with Free Quote
For a free, no-obligation quote, use our online Quick Quote, or call one of our agents at 1-888-818-5821 or visit a location near you.
Off Road Liability insurance provides coverage for you if you injure someone else or cause damage to someone else’s property. If you cause someone else injury with your off road vehicle, the costs can quickly add up. Our Off Road Liability provides coverage for up to $1,000,000.
Off Road Liability Insurance benefits:
- $1,000,000 policy limit
- Each certificate holder has an individual Aggregate policy limit of $5,000,000
- Legal fees are paid in addition to the policy limit.
- Discounts available for snowmobile/ATV club members
- Definition of insured includes anyone with a valid Driver's Licence and permission from the owner of the vehicle
- Available online.
- Backed by the largest provider of home, auto and business insurance in Canada.
- Low $500 property damage deductible.
- Quick and efficient claims service through the Capri Insurance Claims Department, located in British Columbia.
Physical Damage coverage provides protection for your ATV from damage or loss by fire, theft, transit, vandalism and even collision. We offer three Physical Damage coverage options:
Gold Protection: All Perils. (Collision, Upset, Rollover, and Comprehensive)
Silver Protection: Comprehensive only coverage.
Bronze Protection: Basic Perils. (Fire, Theft, Attempted Theft, and Transit)
Our policy has no restrictions regarding theft of the insured unit under any coverage option. It is valid anywhere in Canada or the continental USA.
- Up to 25% discount to current members of approved organizations (e.g. BCWF, ATV BC)
- 10% discount to ATV owners who have completed the Canadian Safety Council ATV Safety Course.
- 10% discount to owners of machines that have an approved ignition system immobilizer.
Club members can qualify for up to a 30% discount; Non-club members qualify for a maximum 15% discount.
Ride Star is an optional add-on to your Physical Damage coverage, that includes the following benefits:
- Lock Rekeying: The Insurer will reimburse you to a maximum of $1,000.00 for the cost of rekeying the locks or replacement of a coded key/tether for an immobilizer system on the Off Road Recreational Vehicle if the keys or coded key/tether are stolen. You must report the incident to the police within 48 hours of discovery and the police case file number is required. No deductible applies to this coverage enhancement.
- Increased Value of Truck Deck: General Provision Item 4 c) Off Road Recreational Vehicle Equipment is amended to read as follows: c) a truck deck designed to accommodate the attachment of the Off Road Recreational Vehicle to a transporting conveyance subject to a maximum limit of $5,000.00 in total.
- Unit Repatriation Expense: Additional Agreements of the Insurer Item d. is amended to read as follows: d. to indemnify the insured for expenses not exceeding $2,000.00 to make your Off Road Recreational Vehicle operational or to transport it to a repair facility. No deductible applies to this coverage enhancement.
- Travel Protection: In the event you are involved in an Off Road Recreational Vehicle accident, or if your Off Road Recreational Vehicle is stolen while you are traveling away from your home (outside your City of residence), we will reimburse you for the following: (a) the cost of additional living expenses (lodging, meals, transportation and phone calls) incurred due to damage to or theft of your Off Road Recreational Vehicle, subject to a maximum of $1,000.00 No deductible applies to this coverage enhancement.
- Temporary Substitute Off Road Recreational Vehicle: Coverage under this policy is extended to cover a substitute Off Road Recreational Vehicle provided that: If you make a claim under the All Risk, Comprehensive or Basic Perils coverage and are unable to use your Off Road Recreational Vehicle, coverage from your damaged unit is temporarily transferred to the rental unit, courtesy unit or borrowed unit. Temporary substitute coverage ceases as soon as repairs to your unit are completed.
- “Not At Fault” Collision Loss: If you make a “Not At Fault” collision claim under this policy, your deductible will be waived.
All of these are considered ATVs
Definition of an ATV:
An all-terrain vehicle (ATV), informally referred to as a ‘quad bike’ or ‘quad’, is a self-propelled vehicle traveling on four or more low pressure tires capable of travel on or off a highway.
It is an off road vehicle designed and manufactured specifically for off road use. The definition includes Side-by-Side’s, RUV’s, UTV’s, Argos, but does not include vehicles commonly referred to as Dune Buggys, or other home built / unlicensed 4×4 vehicles.
Locations Where To Purchase ATV Insurance
Get a quote and buy coverage for your ATV online. Your insurance documents will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is complete. Click here to start your quote: https://capri.secure.force.com/online/insurevueCAP__CAPApplicationOffRoadHome
In Person or by Phone
CapriCMW Insurance Offices
You can purchase ATV insurance in-person or over the phone from any CapriCMW offfice in British Columbia. Click here for a list of CapriCMW locations.
Are you in the adventure tourism business?
Our team of commercial outdoor recreation insurance experts have you covered. Contact us today.